A Revolution in Education
After I installed SMART Board Tools and Notebook (10.7) on my MacBook, running Mac OS X 10.5.8. Now these programs are started every time I start my MacBook. But they are not listed in the startup items (system preferences/user/startup items) and most of the times I switch on my MacBook I don't need these programs up and running. Where can I switch off this behavior? Daniel Manzano, Quedlinburg, Germany
There are two easy fixes:
1. Go to Apple-System Preferences
2. Select Accounts
3. Click Login Items located to the right of the password button
4. You can choose SMART Board Tools and then click the minus (-) sign to remove it from start up.
Another easy fix is to rename SMART Board Tools to new SMART Board Tools. You may have to change permissions to rename the file.
To change permissions on a file.
1. Highlight the file by clicking once on SMART Board Tools
2. Select File-get info
3. Click on the padlock
4. Choose read/write access for everyone
5. Now rename.
If you are comfortable with terminal, you can see the fix posted at http://smartboardrevolution.ning.com/group/smartmacusers/forum/topi...