A Revolution in Education
Any more details you can provide such as:
1. Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or MAC?
2. Is the SMART Board green light in the bottom right corner blinking green or it is a steady green light
3. What version of Notebook is it.
One fix might be to turn off single finger panning in Windows 7. See http://www.smarttech.com/kb/147470
Other tips about single finger panning posted at:
he is using Windows XP
smart board light is green. You can write on it with pen or finger, but can not move an object by using your finger, yet it will move if you use the mouse to drag it
notebook version 10 (I don't know the extension of 10. what).
Here are a few ideas to try:
1. Do the SMART Board tools load at startup? If not, then navigate to C:\Program Files\SMART Technologies\ and load them.
2. Update the SMARTBoard firmware. Browse to C:\Program Files\SMART Technologies\Education Software and double-click SMARTFirmwareUpdater.exe Click next and choose yes to update firmware.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the software from http://www.smarttech.com/Support/Browse+Support/Download+Software/S...
4. Contact SMART
Sounds like the drivers may not be properly installed. Is it definitely a SMART board? You're not using a Promothean board with SMART notebook are you?
no. defininitely a smart board smart notebook and all legal license
Same here. I am trying to use an online activity which I have definitely used before with success. Seems like I have been noticing this happening more lately.
If I re-install, will I lose my content gallery?
You can back up your my content gallery before uninstalling and reinstalling.
1. Load up Notebook
2. Click on gallery tab
3. Click on My content
4. Click on the down arrow to the right of My Content and choose to Export as collection file. Save to your desktop or documents and name it. It can take a while to save if you have a lot so be patient.
5. Quit Notebook.
6. Uninstall Notebook and reinstall Notebook
7. Double-click on the file you saved to your desktop/documents and it will put all your My Content back.
Thanks. I will try this.